Media Consumption Audit

Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
          I do not read a newspapers
What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
          
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?

Magazines

What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?

Television

Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
   Around 10 hours a weekWhat times of day do you usually watch television?
       anytime between 4 and 12
What programmes do you like best and why?
Hollyoaks, as each episode has a different and catchy storyline
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
I watch TV alone however if I do watch with family then they choose what is watched
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
Most the time I watch live on the TV however sometimes I watch on Netflix

Radio

  • Do you listen to the radio?
Rarely
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to the radio?
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to the radio?
  • Where do you listen to the radio?
In the car with family.
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening to the radio?
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio? If so, when do they listen?
My parents listen to the radio when in the car

Cinema

  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
Anabelle Creations
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
50 shades of black, The Weekend, White Chicks
  • Who else watched the films with you?
I watched alone
  • Who decided what films to watch?
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
Usually I use my phone or ipad and I use Netflix.

Online

  • How often do you access the internet?
I have access to the internet all day everyday
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
I access the internet during sixth form, home and when im out.
  • What are the main sites that you access?
Snapchat, Instagram and Soundcloud
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
Mainly I use the internet to connect and communicate with friends and I also use it to listen to music. Every now and then I use it to purchase clothing.
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
I mostly use my mobile phone however sometimes I use my laptop or Ipad.
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
Instagram and Snapchat as they allow me to communicate with people my age.

Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
I could consume more media by purchasing newspapers or listening to the radio frequently.
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
I will be increasing my media consumption. I will start reading newspapers and magazines. I will also try listening to the radio when i have spare time
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
- The Sun and The Daily Mirror newspapers
- BBC news on the tv and online
- Radio 1 on the radio

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MIGRAIN- Reading A Text

Textual Analysis

Migrain Index